First off, I receive a phone call from the airline saying that Ed & Elaine's flight will be cancelled due to a hurricane. I told the guy that I would try to get a hold of them, but wasn't sure if I'd be able to. Then I proceed to go through their itinerary, trying to figure out where they are and leave a message. After calling 3 different places (which is terribly stressful in itself for me), I ended up calling Ian to inform him of the situation, seeing as he is the one picking them up from the airport and all. He told me he'd look after everything, so that helped a bit. I went outside to read and try and calm down. I stepped back inside for something, and the power was out throughout the entire house. So now I have a new reason to freak. It was the middle of a dry, clear, sunny day. There was no atmospheric reason for the power to be out. I went down to the basement to check the
The day before, I did get a bit of good news. My stomach pills are now going to be covered, so that'll help out with the financial situation. Yay! I don't know any specifics yet, but it is still good news.
Other than that, I guess today is a game of "wait-and-see" to find out what is going on re: the flight and when I'll be going back to my house.