1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Left my natural timezone. Took an airplane by myself. Fucked a virgin.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two of my friends: mizz_purple and ambersims2. One of my cousins had a baby boy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not yet. *crosses fingers*
5. What countries did you visit?
The good ol' U.S. of A.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
I'm expecting it to be a bad year, as I hate the number 7.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched on your memory, and why?
Probably none because my memory sucks, but hopefully the night my sister and I stayed in Thunder Bay.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Travelling out of the country by myself; getting a passport.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know, really.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My awesome sister for moving to follow her career.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My father, he can be a jerk. My own, because I'm not the person I like to think I am.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travelling, paying off debt.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting blurry_mirrors, visiting other provinces, sleepovers with my gf.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I can't think of one at the moment.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?
Sadder. Hopefully a bit thinner. Probably about the same financially.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend time with my friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Feel like crap.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With wonderful people who aren't related to me.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I might be falling out of it...
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
I don't watch very much tv.
24. Are you angry at anyone now that you weren't angry at this time last year?
I don't think so.
25. What were the best books you read?
The Big Empty series by J.B. Stephens
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
A larger iPod.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I got stuck in a snow bank. I turned 25.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending more time with my gf.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Casual. T-shirts, hoodies, cargo pants, sweats.
33. What kept you sane?
Friends, music, writing, therapy, medication.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
How fucked up the U.S is getting and the stupid American loving PM.
36. Who did you miss?
K-girl, Emery, Ambs, Jeremy.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Kim! She rocks!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learnt in 2006?
Love is fragile but lust is passing.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I can't hide
I'm not laughing anymore
I can't be who you wanted me to be
Who you wanted me to see
I don't know now what's in store
I need more
- The Like, Bridge to Nowhere