|regional dialect meme
||[Nov. 30th, 2008|08:00 pm]
What do you call:
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
stream or creek but it's pronounced "crick" or a ditch depending on how narrow it is.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
porch or veranda
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
pop or soda
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
swim shorts, bathing suit
12. Shoes worn for sports.
tennis shoes, running shoes, kleats, it really depends on which sport it is
13. Putting a room in order.
organising, tidying up, cleaning
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
firefly or lightning bug
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball.
potato bug or pill bug
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
yard sale or garage sale
19. What's the evening meal?
dinner or supper
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?
drinking fountain or water fountain
22: If something is diagonally located, where is it in relation to you?
23. What do you call the place where the water comes out of the sink?
faucet or tap